Tuesday, May 29, 2012

A day in D.C.

Yesterday was spent with my mom, step-dad, and my hubby (Elizabeth too of course) in D.C. It was their first time in D.C., and my hubby's too for the most part, he had never actually been there (only driven through).

Unfortunately though we didn't get to do what we went there to do. Our goal was to go and see the Vietnam Veteran's wall (my step-dad was in the Vietnam war) that is there but it was just such a LONG walk. It had been years since I was there so of course I didn't know very great routes to take. We did get to ride the subway though haha... I had been on the ones in D.C. before, but my mom and them hadn't.

If you read my beauty blog at http://foxxybeauty.blogspot.com then you know that I did get to see the actual ruby red slippers from the Wizard of Oz though hehe... We visited one of the Smithsonian's for a bit, but we got such a late start. I do feel awful that my step-dad didn't make it to the wall this trip, but sadly he has such a horrible back now that it hurts him after walking for too long. Thankfully though this isn't the last time that they will be going to D.C. in the near future.

Here are a few pics of some of the things that we were close enough to take pictures of though!

The Washington Monument

A fragment of Plymouth Rock. Said to be where the pilgrims landed in 1620.

Here is what I looked like yesterday haha!

Here is the entrance to the Smithsonian National Museum of American History

A Babe Ruth signed baseball!! I just thought this was neat so I had to share it. There were lots of neat things there that have all contributed to American history. I only viewed one small area of it and I really want to go back and see it all.. plus it's FREE!

Check out my other blog--> Foxxy Beauty

No comments:

Post a Comment