Tuesday, September 23, 2014

DIY Glow-in-the-dark Nerf party!!

Michael's 10th birthday party was over the weekend and I am so excited to share with all of you the final results!



 We used neon colored and glow-in-the-dark paints and hung moisture barrier on our basement walls to paint. Moisture barrier is a thick black plastic that typically is used under a house. It's is great because we were able to cover the window in our basement to keep the light out, we bought it at Lowe's for around $13 a roll! We originally bought 2 rolls and ended up with one small wall that needed to be covered, so we bought 2 black plastic table clothes from the dollar tree which worded really great since they weren't covering up a window or anything!
 This is the wall with the black table clothes!

 For the barriers for them to hide behind, we took boxes and taped them together and then used glow in the dark tape and some glow in the dark paint to line them so the kids could see them in the dark!
 I bought a pack of 10 targets from Wal-Mart and used them for decor as well as Nerf guns that he already had and placed them out for decor!

 My hubby made his cake which turned out great! It was originally going to be a darker blue but the icing just wouldn't go darker for some reason... the Nerf darts and target he made out of fondant and I made his name out of fondant to look like the Nerf logo.
 I bought a blue and white striped pendant banner and cut out foam letters to spell "Nerf or Nothin" and then glued them on.. In my dining room I have a big canvas so I wrapped it with white wrapping paper and then cut out pictures from a big Nerf box he already had to use for decoration.

 The solid color gift bags I bought at Michael's... they also came with red but the red didn't match the color scheme we had decided on. For party favors I bought the off brand Nerf guns that you can find. The ones I bought came from K-Mart online and were 2 in a pack for around $6.99, they also had the darts that came with the guns, clear safety glasses, and glow in the dark bracelets!
 After much debating with myself I decided on making mini taco bowls and mini cheese and pepperoni pizzas (which were a big hit). We also had some veggies with dip, cheese puffs, and chips and dip! The pic above was obviously taken after a lot of the food had been eaten haha! Just so you know, this was enough to feed all 7 of the boys that came, along with Michael, Elizabeth, Landon, me, the hubby, one of the parents, and my hubby's cousin! For drinks I bought a ton of the Mondo's and Kool Aid drinks that are $1 for 6 drinks... I also offered Mt. Dew and Orange soda just to have a variety, and because my hubby LOVES Mt. Dew haha!
 I took several pictures of the gift table... this one was taken before the last 3 boys came and before I remembered the 4 other cards he had in the mail haha!




The invites I ordered from Zazzle.com and they turned out really great! They don't look very black in the picture since this was still with the plastic on them... but they do have a black background..


1 comment: