Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Homeschooling

As I am sure you all know by now, we are in the process of moving! So because of this move taking about a month so that we could travel and visit family, as well as find a new place to live, we are homeschooling Michael until the end of the school year (otherwise he would miss like three weeks of school and end up failing because of it)! It would be awful for him to fail since he has always made all A's and does so great in school...

Surprisingly it's pretty easy. I was worried that it would be hard to come up with lots of stuff for him to do, since the state law is for him to do 30 hours of schooling a week, and they don't tell you what to do other than reading, math, and writing... Luckily, I kept in touch with his teacher and she gave me lots of workbooks and stuff for him to do at home to finish him up for the rest of the year. SUPER nice of her to do!

Today, my hubby has been teaching him and he is learning about LOTS of new things like "photosynthesis" and "the 50 states"! It is so crazy all the things they learn in first grade now, we didn't learn all this stuff until way later when I was his age haha. They are even starting fractions this year too!

I also got lucky and found lots of different websites online for him to go to and learn science, and social studies, as well as the ones that his teacher told me about.. He LOVES getting online and going to http://readingeggs.com which works out really great for doing some reading materials with him, since he already knows how to read!

Only a couple of weeks left and we can officialy say that he is in SECOND grade.. my where does the time go?!

Check out my other blog for lots of beauty, fashion, DIY, and fun things!!
Please come Check Out, VIEW, LIKE, and hopefully SUBSCRIBE to my beauty channel!!

No comments:

Post a Comment