Sorry that it has been a few days.... here is what I have been up to!!
Seven years ago this past Sunday this lil guy was born!! We have been really busy planning his birthday party for this coming Saturday...he wanted a "Pirates of the Carribbean" theme!!
So I will be posting pics from the party sometime in the near future!!
Aside from that let's talk BLUSH... I wanted to do a post about choosing the right shades of blush for your skin tone! Personally I really like some colors for myself that aren't really ideal for my skin tone, but I feel like if you aren't using too much of the colors that aren't really ideal then it's not so bad. So if you can pull it off then go for it! Here it is...
Always remember that the purpose of blush is to give you the natural flushed looked.... just like if you were to run around, the color you flush to is what you are going for when applying your blush.
Typically with skin tones you have to categories, you have your ivory/beige & then you have your bronze/ebony skin tones!
1. A deep, rich, warmer shade on ivory skin doesn't work.
2. Same goes for if you were to try and wear a pale shade on on ebony skin it will look really ashy.
3. If you wear a blush with shimmer try going for a shade that has gold to it, instead of silver. Silver is
more reflective and ashy and will definitely not work on darker skin tones.
4. However, shades with some sheen or shimmer do look great on darker skin tones because they give
it a bit of a glow!
5. Bright pops of color do look really great on darker skin tones!
6. Don't fear though, there are some colors that are universal, so don't think that you are tied down to
just certain shades for your skin tones!
7. Apricot colors will look great on all shades!!
8. The MOST important thing though is to NOT try to pull off something that is too dark for your skin
tone! If you are more pale then you are definitely better going for something with a lil more color
opposed to something darker...
WRONG AND RIGHT FOR YOUR SKIN TONES! HERE IS A LIST!! HOPE THIS HELPS!!
IVORY/BEIGE SKIN TONES (THE RIGHT SHADES AND THE WRONG)
peach (right for all)
something bright( right), just don't go for something too brown
soft pinks (right for all)
dark browns (wrong)
BRONZE/EBONY SKIN TONES (THE RIGHT SHADES AND THE WRONG)
almonds (right for all)
raisins (right for all)
warm browns (right)
berry (right for all)
bright apricot (right)
soft peach (wrong), will look ashy
can do a brighter/lighter color as long as it's sheer with a bit of shimmer
Have fun expirimenting everyone! I think my next color theory post might be with lipsticks!